The development of facilities for public use in the PNM responds to the need for innovation and incorporation of the offer of different products and services to users, jointly protecting the natural and cultural environment. The type of facilities that are developed depends on the visitor profile, the experience offered, the environment’s biological, topographic and climatological characteristics, the economic resources available to invest, and the availability of materials in the country. Below are some long-term PNM projects:
- Refurbishment of the El Castillo Bunker.
- Remodeling of the Visitor Center.
- New trails: Panama “Arboretum”, ferns and others.
- Sanitary services.
- Expansion of parking lots.
- Ecological Trails for Bicycles.
- Tropical Forest Gardens Exhibition area (formerly the butterfly house).